October 24, 2010

Sunrise, Snow and Spooks

Every morning I get a ride to school on a "teacher bus". I'm the first stop, then we pick up two more staff members and their kids. We usually end up waiting a few minutes at stop number 2 since they do have kids to get ready and out the door. I have become very fond of this little wait because of the magnificent view that I get to behold every morning.......................
Yep....that's it. Every morning for the past month I've gotten to watch the sunrise over those mountains. I finally thought it would be a good idea to take a picture :)...I was hoping the next day there would be no clouds...but instead....this is the view I got........
Beautiful snow capped mountains. A sure sign that winter would be right around the corner. By the end of the week the mountains were no longer visible through the curtain of snow covering the city for the first time of the season.......
After driving into school with this as the backdrop I arrived to ghosts and goblins, vampires and rock stars. Since it was the last day of school before Fall Break we celebrated Halloween a little early. The kids loved getting to dress up...even us teachers got a little carried away ;) (I was Golidlocks).
However, unfortunately I didn't last long. I was really sick and so I went home to stay in bed for two full days! Not the most fun thing to be bed ridden for any significant amount of time, but with the cold weather descending and the snow silently falling I was content to be cozy under my quilt:).

This upcoming week is Fall Break! I fear it won't be too much of a break as I have to move my classroom for the 3rd time, and write narrative reports. But at least I can do those things after sleeping in a little :).

The snow is all gone for now. The cold weather is still here. But I got my boots, got my coat, and got my scarves :)!!! I'm ready!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog very well put together and with neat pictures. Its fun to see what your doing over there gotta love the pretty snow! Enjoy your fall break!

    ReplyDelete