October 16, 2010

Salsa, Samba, Cha-Cha-Cha

I've found a fun place where I can come and update my blog :)...a coffee shop in the middle of our MEGA center (yes that is what it's called, and yes it's big). There is hustle and bustle all around me and I'm quite and comfortable in my zone, in my world.

I've been taking a dance class, mostly for fitness/exercise purposes, with 3 other teachers that I work with. We started out doing just salsa, and then we got a new dance instructor who is a professional ballroom dancer! She is expanding out dance abilities to other styles :). We spend most of the time laughing at ourselves as we try to move gracefully, only to end up looking like spastic amoeba, without resembling of any form of dance. HAHA! But we have such a good time! Yes, I think of "Strictly Ballroom" every single class period, especially since "Love is in the Air" is one of the songs we dance to!!! :) My newest Russian word is "byoordree" which means "hips". If I had 50 tenge for every time the instructor told me to move my byoordree more...I would be quite wealthy :)

The past two weeks have been pretty busy. Today we had our Fall Family Fun Day at the school (a fall festival) and I was overseeing the planning of this first school event. I'm thankful to say that it went splendidly!!! I'm also tutoring a student after school two days a week in English. I have my dance class two days a week. I've started an online class that the school is paying for in order for me to be PYP certified (Primary Years Program, is the system we use at KIS). It is quite interesting, but also a lot of work. On top of trying to be a full time teacher with the end of first term arriving in a week with progress reports to go out.....whew....I think I just got even more tired reading all that I'm doing. HA! Thankfully, we have Fall Break the last week of October. So just ONE MORE WEEK to get through and I get a little rest :)!

God has continued to be so sweet to me...as always!!! Even when I feel like a failure in just about every way possible, He still comes through. He still comforts me, He still loves me, He always forgives me! Oh ho undeserving I am of a Father who loves me so completely! This week I was also hit with a lot of sorrow as 3 people in my life lost loved ones! It makes me long to be removed from this suffering all the more!!!

Please continue to pray that I would be (as we would say in PYP) BALANCED! I don't want to be spread too thin, and I want to be giving things my best....and lately that has been hard. "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 1Cor.12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment