February 6, 2011

Welcome to this heart of mine.....

So...this year...the first weekend of every month, I'm taking a day to just meet with the Lord. A day to turn off the phone, disconnect the internet, and hide the school work. This month I spent a lot of time confessing sin and begging God to reveal the roots of my crap...never a "fun" thing to do, but so necessary. As you all know by now I love songs! I was praying and journaling this old song came to mind. I think I had originally heard it on the WOW 1999 CD :)....that makes me feel a little old....seeing as that was more than a decade ago. ANYWAY....this song is so beautiful, and great reminder that I can put locks on doors of my heart. Places I don't want Jesus coming into and messing with, areas of my life that I want control over...when in REALITY His plan is far more better than mine! I am so thankful that God doesn't ignore the hard work that comes with remodeling me:) He digs out all the garbage, paints the walls a new color, and opens the doors wide! Thank you, God, for changing my heart!

Welcome Home-Shaun Groves

Take, me, make me
All You want me to be
That's all I'm asking, all I'm asking

Welcome to this heart of mine
I've buried under prideful vines
Grown to hide the mess I've made
Inside of me Come decorate, Lord
Open up the creaking door
And walk upon the dusty floor
Scrape away the guilty stains
Until no sin or shame remain
Spread Your love upon the walls
And occupy the empty halls
Until the man I am has faded
No more doors are barricaded

Chorus:
Come inside this heart of mine
It's not my own
Make it home
Come and take this heart and make it
All Your own
Welcome home

Take a seat, pull up a chair
Forgive me for the disrepair
And the souvenirs from floor to ceiling
Gathered on my search for meaning
Every closet's filled with clutter
Messes yet to be discovered
I'm overwhelmed, I understand
I can't make this place all that You can

I took the space that You placed in me
Redecorated in shades of greed
And I made sure every door stayed locked
Every window blocked, and still You knocked

Take me, make me
All You want me to be
That's all I'm asking, all I'm asking

No comments:

Post a Comment