February 27, 2011

Freezing in February

In the past week there was a drastic drop in temperature.....yesterday morning it was -17C in the morning.....I'm hoping that with the approach of March, this will be the end of cold weather....i'm ready for SPRING....for WARMTH!!!!

So my recent days have been very busy. I'm assistant
coaching for a jr. high girls' basketball team at Tien Shan...which you know I absolutely LOVE! The girls are absolutely precious, and I'm getting to some bball as well:). Then, we have our IB visit this coming Friday. A guy is coming t
o check out our school and see if it qualifies for certification. I'm a little anxious about it...I've spent my entire year so far working at becoming a good "PYP teacher", but there are some other things that I have no control over that may keep us from getting the authorization....so we'll see...fingers crossed ;).

This past Friday we had our annual International Night for our school. Since we have 22 countries represented in our school it's a good thing to celebrate our internationalism :). We had a great time. Each country set up a table and brought traditional foods, then different groups did performances...and by the end everyone was doing a panjabi (Indian) dance :). I am indeed enjoying my time here! And while I have made a verbal commitment to stay another year, some recent events and upcoming events may change that....we'll see....I'm still praying and asking God for wisdom!
My Class- We have lots of nationalities represented- Korean, Turkish, American, Israeli, Kazakh, Russian, British, Indian, and Bangladeshi :).

Me, Aliya, and Aizhan....I'm sporting my Red-White- and Blue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment