February 20, 2011

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY to my baby sister!!!

Today my baby sister is 21 years old....wow! I wish I was able to be there with her to celebrate this fabulous day! But alas, I am many many many miles away. I have been thinking about her all day long! Remember all the funny things we've done throughout the years....choreographing dances, dramas, making videos, singing Celine Dion at the top of our lungs, quoting lines form movie after movie, getting nails done, dying hair, cutting hair, shopping, road trips....sigh....many wonderful things! I'm SO thankful for all the things we've gotten to do together! And i'm so excited for all the fun ones ahead!
I am so thankful for my baby sister. She is pretty much the best sister anyone could have ever asked for! I am so grateful that God gave AJ to me for a sister! Even with the arguments and spats....there is no one like my sister :) (a couple sister songs are coming to mind at the moment). Her passion and hunger for truth and more of Jesus is such an encouragement! There are not too many big sisters who look up to their little sister, but I do!

If I was there, I would give a toast to AJ in true Kazakh fashion....but a virtual toast will have to do....

so AJ, here's to another fabulous year of growth, passion and love. May you continue to grow more and more in the knowledge and love of God! May you continue to shine the light of God to everyone you encounter! Thank you for loving me and being an encouragement to me always! I love you baby sister....you're 21.....WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Well its well past my Birthday and I just now read this!!! Thank you dear sister! I do not feel worthy of the encouragement you just gave. I love you so much! We will have to celebrate 21 years together this summer! =) OK?!?! I would enjoy that greatly! Thanks for the toast! Oh I really miss those wonderful Kazakh Birthday parties!!! Man do we know how to have a good time at Birthdays! I am so thankful for you too! Thank you for this beautiful birthday post!!!

    ReplyDelete