June 21, 2011

Last days in KZ....

My time at KIS has come to an end. The last two weeks of school were crazy and full between writing reports (that were 12 pages long...for each student), packing the classroom, packing myself, saying goodbyes, and making lasting memories :). It was very hard to leave. I know I couldn't have done it if I wasn't completely confident that God has called me back to the States. There were many tears shed as I said goodbye to my first year of teaching and all my friends there!
My students packing up our classroom!

The last day of school- WATER FIGHT!!!!


I had a full week of saying goodbyes. It started with a goodbye party the week before I left. Most of the teachers went out to dinner and go to spend some good time hanging out. Then some of us went to Il Patio on Wednesday night to share the afternoon and evening together. We sat there for hours on the balcony just talking and laughing!!! It was a fabulous memory to have made! Then on Friday, I went and got pedicures with Aunt Tammy, went home to finish packing, cooked dinner, people came and ate. Then we just hung out until I flew out that night. It was so special to have Mushtaq, Khalmurat and Aizhan take me to the airport! I cried as I said goodbye....and then I sobbed when I got on that plane (I know all the people on that airplane thought I was nuts!!!)

MY AIZHANCHICK!!!!!!
Aizhan was my closest friend while I was in Kazakhstan. I miss her already!

Oh Kalmurat! He seems to be a gentleman...but we know the truth. ;) Just kidding! He's a great guy!

Mushtaq! How I will miss your crazy jokes!

We spent the evening having dinner at Il Patio! Aya (in the middle) came and joined us towards the end.

Our little "group" took me too the airport to say goodbye (Mushtaq, Khalmurat and Aizhan). Unfortunately, Aliya (who was also part of that group) just had surgery and so she wasn't able to spend the last two weeks with us. But I was able to go visit her a few times to say goodbye.
Sad to be leaving....

My time at KIS has come to a close, but I know I will have those memories forever! It was a VERY MEMORABLE year :). From my class to my friends...I have made memories that will not soon be forgotten! Thank you, God, for blessing me through KIS this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment