April 22, 2012

It's been awhile.....

Wow...........it has been a little too long since I've babbled about my thoughts with the blogger-sphere. Since my last post my life has flipped upside down....in the most amazing way!


My job at Westminster continues to be one of the most amazing blessings that I've ever been given! I love my kids, I love my team, I love the parents, I love the values of the school! I cannot imagine a better job! This year has seemed to go by in flash! With only a month left I am overwhelmed by a very long to-do list, but so incredibly thankful for all this community has brought to my life!
My class at Christmas
Another amazing blessing that God has given me this year has come in the form of a man:). Trace Armstrong and I have been getting to know each other since August of 2011. There is a TON to our story and one day I will be sure to record it all on this blog, but for now I will just hit the high points. Trace and I immediately "hit it off" and we both felt that the Lord was calling us to be together. After much thought, prayer, and travels to see each other (he lived in Tallahassee, FL), I flew with him to DC to spend Christmas with his family. During my time there, the Lord really confirmed for me that this was exactly where I needed to be! And, just because God is awesome like that, he was confirming the same things for Trace. At the start of 2012 Trace started looking for jobs in the Birmingham area. Sooner than we could've expected, he had one! :) Trace moved up to Birmingham mid-March, just in time for he and I to spend some great quality time with my dad who was visiting!!! I am so thankful that the Lord has put Trace and I together! He is so patient and loving toward me....God really has given me a tangible picture of Christ in Trace! I am so thankful for God's unfailing faithfulness and grace on my life! Please continue to pray for Trace and I as we are trying to balance our schedules and as he continues to transition to a new place, new job, new church, new friends, etc. The Lord has been very gracious in the midst of it all, but pray that he continues to allow me to be the helper I need to be to Trace! 
My first visit to Tallahassee

No comments:

Post a Comment