June 21, 2010

Isaiah 42:16...I will make darkness into light before them...these are the things I will do, and I will not leave them undone.


A few months ago, my mom took my resume to Kazakhstan International School (KIS). She had asked if I wanted to apply there, and trying to keep allmy options open I thought it would be a good idea. I was not seriously thinking that I would really get the job or really move back there. A few weeks later I received an email from the school offering me a position there.

Meanwhile, I had gone for a few other interviews with different schools, even had a couple job offers, but through one thing or another things kept falling through or the Lord just didn't give me a peace about it. I remembered the job in KZ and so I started corresponding with a lady who works with the school and the principal. After asking millions of questions, and very prayerfully considering this position for about a month, I decided to take the job. However, I asked if I could only sign a one year contract. I got a reply saying that with a one year contract they would not pay for my airfare to get to Kazakhstan this summer and return to the States next summer. I had not realized this stipulation previously, and therefore asked for a little more time to think and pray about it. I spent a few days praying even more, and seeking even more counsel, and still felt like the Lord wanted me to be in KZ. I felt peace with signing a two year contract and seeing how year one played out. However, I got an email from the principal saying that she and her vice principal had been discussing it and praying about it, and felt that they didn't want to lose me over a plane ticket, and were willing to make an exception!!! WOW! If that was not a clear answer from God, I don't know what is!

So, I am moving to Kazakhstan! I do not have a departure date yet; we are waiting for my letter of invitation from the government. However, my prayer is that I can leave in the next three weeks.
I will be teaching 2nd grade. The school is paying for my housing costs so I will be living in an apartment with another teacher. I will be in the same city with my parents and brother, so I will get to see them frequently! I am so excited that the Lord has so graciously led me to this place. I have to admit, I didn't think I would ever be living in Kazakhstan again, but I know without any doubt that this is exactly where God wants me! I am looking forward to learning what it's like to be an adult overseas. I'm looking forward to teaching, to loving on kids who I can truly relate to, to being home, to seeing Michael play sports, to spending time with my parents again, to really having a place where I can invest my life, and to glorifying God in the center of His will!!!

Please be praying that I can get my visa and get to Kazakhstan in the next three weeks! AJ is there right now and I want to get some good time with just our family before she comes back to the US. Pray that my goodbyes would go well!

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for God's direction to be made clear. He has, once again, fulfilled His promise in Isaiah 42:16! I am so excited to see all the He has in store!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment